Sunday, May 21, 2006

D'Invilliers -- Then Wear the Gold Hat

Bring me a blank piece of paperMake it blank so I can write down all that I want about you
Bring me a black pen – no, make it blueI know that’s your favorite color too
I worry about the past like youI think about the future too.

I sat here on this chairWiggled ‘round a bitAnd sometimes stared
That’s you on the wall right therePick up jeans and braided hair

Just twist with me, just turn with meJust stroll the streets alone with meYou don’t have to burn it with a pen and paperBut if you do, be good to me

Wear the Gold Hat if that will move herIf you can bounce high, Bounce for her tooTill she cry, “Gold-Hatted lover I must have you.”

Wear the Gold Hat if that will move herIf you can bounce high, Bounce for her tooTill she cry, “Lover, Gold-Hatted High-Bouncing Lover I must have you.”

I know the truth dies with the lies that we forget
I know that these eyes look in your eyes every chance they get

This is the story of the greatest of the mornings from the summer rain
This is the story of the way that you talked, the way that she talked
And I just look at her….


Wear the Gold Hat if that will move herIf you can bounce high, Bounce for her tooTill she cry, “Gold-Hatted lover I must have you.”

Wear the Gold Hat if that will move herAnd you will bounce high for her tooTill she cry, “I must have you, I must have you, I must have you.”

Bring me a blank piece of paperBring me a penI’d like the blue one againDon’t you worry about the sentencesI can’t write them out ‘til I’m back again

No comments: