Saturday, October 16, 2004

Emotional Tyranny

And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.
Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.


Their chosen solutions are destructive.
It is not possible to help or coerce with emotional strength. God works through sense reason, words and thinking, not through emotions.
This whole thing seems to be a religion of emotions where they are allowed to take over
Under demons emotions destroy, but under Jesus you learn how to keep them at a level that can be lived with.

Being emotionless is not the solution. Especially since that leads to brokenness.
The solution is in everything Christ says and everything He demands.
They have tried to handle something in their own wisdom and have created an enourmous awful structure that is making them the living dead.

God forgive me for my mistakes. I do not need to try to move mountains with emotions. This is not what emotions are for.

I will leave marrying for marriage.
It is some kind of religion of emotions. This is why they refuse to listen, they want to feel.

Emotions have to be kept in check and denied or else they take over and enslave.

I am trying to learn that just because we may not feel the Holy Spirit, it doesn't mean that we do not obey the Holy Spirit.

I want to honor you Holy Father God. I know that You are holy and honorable and sovreign. I acknowledge You and bow before You as my only God.

Teach me to worship You with every breath

A false power by which we try to control our lives. We try to control others. One way we do this is through emotions.
When something goes wrong we become angry, partially because we want to coerce or control the other person back into behaving the way that we want them to.
We try to push with our emotions. This only destroys. Emotions do not have strength. They only affect us. Others can choose to be affected.
We cannot fix or help or change anything with emotional power. It is a false power.


Power is not in us to do anything

Our powers must be laid downso that we can let His powers prevail
It is God who has made me as I am, for His purposes
It is His will to bless and uphold me
I have not lived under my own power
I am to Him a tree in His garden that He tends in His own way
I am someone He keeps His eye on to see what is becoming of me
I am under His watchcare He will make me what I need to be

It is such a blessing to be a child of God

I must follow everything that He tells me very closely. He has His graces to develop in me. I will be fed by His own hand. Every step I take will be graced by His goodness and will lead me into His mercy.

He gives me more than I knew I wanted and grants me powers like gems and glory like a crown. These things are His to give me, and He graces me as His little child. All these things are mine from His hand.

I accept and thank You Holy God for what You have given to me. I am eternally grateful. I will grow in Your care, and I will honor You with obediance and praise. I will honor You with attention, because I need to hear from You what to do, and how to handle situations. I need to listen to You always my Holy Lord God. I have nothing except for You. I wait for Your care. Now You are my portion, and therefore I will wait for You.
for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Behold, He put no trust in His servants; and His angels He charged with folly:

No comments: